Is back pain a permanent part of your life?
Are you suffering from asthma?
Are you a diabetic patient?
Do you have any heart problems?
Are anxiety and depression killing your peace of mind?
Are you suffering from life-threatening disease cancer?
Are you a hypertension patient?
Are stomach problems a part of your life?
Are you tired of joint and muscle pain?
Are you taking your daily pills for Thyroid?
If any of the answers to the above question is YES, then you surely need to give a chance to YOGA. It has proved to have a positive impact on dealing with these physical and psychological ailments.
Due to its tremendous physical and mental benefits, there is an increasing number of people practicing yoga worldwide. Statistics show there are 36 million active yogis in America only. In the last couple of years, there is a 50 % rise in people doing yoga. There are 300 million yoga practitioners worldwide. Overall flexibility and Stress reduction are the two main reasons every other person on earth is fitting yoga in their daily schedule.
The beauty of yoga is that you don’t have to be a yogi or yogini to reap the benefits. Whether you are young or old, overweight or fit, yoga has the power to calm the mind and strengthen the body. Don’t be intimidated by yoga terminology, fancy yoga studios, and complicated poses. Yoga is for everyone. The best part is you can easily practice it in your home or balcony.
And the best time to inculcate yoga routine into your lives is now. When the whole world is battling with Covid-19 and you are confined to your home it is the best time to begin and adapt this habit for lifelong. The secondary benefit is it also strengthens your immune system to fight against any viruses.
Yoga Poses to practice daily to Strengthen your Immunity and Relaxation
1.Legs Up the wall (Viparita Karani)
This should be our go-to pose to ground the nervous system, this one will boost immunity and keep stress at bay. You will feel a sense of calm and well-being, as your body pumps oxygenated blood to your legs, reviving tired muscles from hours of sitting too much. This pose is also beneficial for your tight hamstrings.
Time Duration: Initially start with 5minutes and slowly increase it to 10 minutes at a time.
2. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
Following are benefits of this pose:
- Strengthens the spine
- Stretches chest and lungs, shoulders, and abdomen
- Firms the buttocks
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Opens the heart and lungs
- Soothes sciatica
- Therapeutic for asthma
- Traditional texts say that Bhujangasana increases body heat, destroys disease, and awakens kundalini.
Time Duration: 15 to 30 sec
3. Supported Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
A traditional text that Matsyasana is the “destroyer of all diseases.”. Following are the benefits it offers:
- Stretches the deep hip flexors (psoas) and the muscles (intercostals) between the ribs
- Stretches and stimulates the muscles of the belly and front of the neck
- Stretches and stimulates the organs of the belly and throat
- Strengthens the muscles of the upper back and back of the neck
- Improves posture
Time Duration: Stay for 15 to 30 seconds, breathing smoothly.
4. Downward Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
The Adho Mukha Svanasana, as we have already established, is one of the best poses of yoga, and has numerous benefits.
1. Strengthens The Abdominal Muscles
2. Improves Circulation
3. Improves Digestion
4. Tones The Hands And Feet
5. Decreases Anxiety
Time Duration: Stay in this pose anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes
5.Forward Fold (Uttanasana)
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose) is a traditional pose that is also part of Surya Namaskar asana. The regular practice of this pose will relax your muscles, release stress and several other benefits.
1. Eliminate stress
2. Helps in treating sleeplessness
3. Improve digestion
4. Make Your Tired Muscles Relax
5. Relieve in lower back stiffness
6. Make your liver and kidney strong and healthy
Natural tips to boost immunity during Corona Scare
To conclude with, follow given tips to remain healthy at the time of Coronavirus Scare:
- Drink lemon, honey, ginger and turmeric with warm water.
- Eat more garlic.
- Have yogurt for breakfast.
- Soak up some sun.
- Laugh a lot
- Sip 2-3 cups of green tea a day.